Honored By Our Peers at SEAOSC Awards
Daniel Zepeda with his SEAOSC Presidential Certificate of Appreciation; Garrett Hagen with his ‘Young Engineer of the Year’ award; Matthew Barnard with his SEAOSC Presidential Certificate of Appreciation
Degenkolb Engineers takes pride in the fact that we are actively engaged in the structural engineering community. Recognition of our accomplishments was celebrated along with the “best of the best” of our profession at the SEAOSC Annual Awards Presentation and President’s Dinner earlier this month.
Garrett Hagen, Project Engineer was named Young Engineer of the Year in recognition of his outstanding contributions to SEAOSC, to the SEAOSC Existing Building Committee where he has taken on the co-chair role, and his involvement in Young Members. Garrett’s exemplary professional activities include:
- Chair of ACI 369D (committee that updates concrete wall provisions in ASCE 41)
- Presented “Principles of ASCE 41” at SEAOSC Winter Education event
- Serving on an ATC (FEMA-funded) review panel for updates to the standards for existing buildings
- Helping to develop SEAOSC pre-Northridge Moment Frame Retrofit Design Guide
- Working with Southern California cities to assist with the implementation of retrofit ordinances
Other well-deserved awards included the recognition of Principal Daniel Zepeda’s contributions with a SEAOSC Presidential Certificate of Appreciation for his Mexico City post-earthquake reconnaissance work. Principal Matt Barnard received a SEAOSC Presidential Certificate of Appreciation for the reorganization and strategy work that he has been doing as a Director of the Board.Congratulations to all.